“One who is not envious but who is a kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor, who is free from false ego and equal both in happiness and distress, who is always satisfied and engaged in devotional service with determination and whose mind and intelligence are in agreement with Me-he is very dear to Me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 12.13-14)
Being kind to all living entities includes plant life, because plants are living beings with a soul.
01. Trees Provide Oxygen – An average size tree produces enough oxygen to keep a family of four breathing and alive.
02. Trees Clean the Air – Trees absorb pollutant gases (nitrogen, ammonia, sulfur dioxide etc..) and filter the air by trapping dust particles on the leaves and bark.
03. Trees Prevent Soil Erosion – Trees hold soil in place.
04. Trees Provide Housing – Trees are homes and shelter for many living beings.
05. Trees Heal – By seeing trees humans can reduce stress, mental fatigue, material desires, and help humans to advance in spirituality.
06. Trees Provide Energy – Wood from trees is needed to build homes, furniture, and energy (fire).
07. Trees Control Weather – Trees affect the heat, rain, and cold.
08. Trees Provide Food – Trees provide food for all living beings. Fruits and Vegetables come from plant life and an increase in plants means more food for all and lower prices.