Good health advice based on Vedic knowledge.
[su_spoiler title=”Read More/Less” anchor=”Read More 1″]
“Foods that are too bitter, too sour, salty, hot, pungent, dry and burning are dear to those in the mode of passion. Such foods cause distress, misery and disease.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 17.9)
- Drink 2-4 glasses of warm water every morning. This will flush out the toxins in your body.
- No meat eating. Apart from the fact that it’s wrong to kill (religious reasons), there are good health reasons for going vegetarian. Many scientific studies have concluded that meat eaters are much more likely to suffer from cancer, heart disease, and other diseases than vegetarians.
- No intoxicates. No Drugs, no alcohol, no soft drinks, no coffee, no tea. These are intoxicants, which are addictive, and intoxicants affect the human consciousness in a negative way. Soft drinks contain too much sugar and caffeine, which are both bad for the body.
- No microwave ovens. Scientific studies have shown that food cooked or heated in a microwave oven causes cancer, genetic damage to cells, and other disorders. Also the taste is not the same as food cooked in a real wood fire or even on a gas cooker.
- Reduce salt in all foods. If you put salt on ice, the ice will melt. In a similar way, too much salt slowly destroys the organs of the body.
- No hot food. Hot food increases acidity in the body and is especially bad for the intestines and annul. Not good for the skin either.
- No Pickles. Very bad for the skin and especially the face (causes spots etc.).
- Reduce oily foods. Reduce food that is fried in oil. Oil is bad for the body.
- Eat vegetables everyday. Eat salad everyday (no added salt). One glass of carrot juice everyday is best.
- Eat fruits everyday. Apples, bananas, pears, grapes etc..
- Cook and eat fresh everyday. Avoid frozen foods. Avoid eating canned foods.
- In the western countries, there are organic and in-organic foods available in super markets. Avoid in-organic foods. In-organic foods are created by scientists’ medalling with nature. They are unhealthy and tasteless. Buy organic foods whenever possible.
- Keep your shoes out of the house. We walk with our shoes on the filthy streets and if we then walk in our homes with the same shoes, our home becomes stuck with the filth of the streets. It’s disgusting to wear shoes in the home.
- The Vedic scriptures state that there are 4 animals, which should not be touched. Dogs, donkeys, lizards, and pigs. This obviously means don’t keep these animals as pets. In fact we should not keep any pets at all. The animals belong in their own homes and environment, the wild. Not our homes. Keeping of birds in cages as pets is very sinful. How would you like to be kept locked up in a cage? How would you like to live with only dogs in their territory?