THE MAIN QUALITIES OF A SPIRITUAL MASTER
* He is completely free from lust.
* He is completely free from violence.
* He is friendly to all living beings, even to the animals (does not eat them).
* He can describe God in full.
* He knows the pastimes of God.
* He believes in justice of all living beings (Law of
* He believes in free will for all. Freedom of thought, and beliefs.
* He is tolerant, and merciful to all. He does not incite hatred towards any living being.
* He follows the scriptures and quotes from them.
“The symptoms of a sadhu are that he is tolerant, merciful and friendly to all living entities. He has no enemies, he is peaceful, he abides by the scriptures, and all his characteristics are sublime.” (Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.25)
“A sober person who can tolerate the urge to speak, the mind’s demands, the actions of anger and the urges of the tongue, belly and genitals is qualified to make disciples all over the world.” (Nectar of Instruction 1)
“The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O Uddhava, a saintly person is merciful and never injures others. Even if others are aggressive he is tolerant and forgiving toward all living entities. “(Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.11.29)
Based on Sanatan-Dharma (The Eternal Religion) teachings. A genuine spiritual master, will exhibit the above mentioned qualities.