The requirements, description, and references for the Supreme Person Position are mentioned here.
Do you know God’s name, qualities, address, description, history dating back to billions of years, witnessed by millions, and proven? If you can answer these questions, only then can you truly say you know God. Otherwise you are simply living in darkness.
The Vedic scriptures are the oldest scriptures in the World and the only scriptures that can answer all these questions and in detail. The Vedic scriptures completely describe God. His history, address, qualities, description, how he creates and maintains and so on. That God is Lord Krishna.
1. The first requirement is that the contender for the position of the supreme has been seen
Seeing is believing, not seeing is pure speculation. Lord Krishna has appeared more than 18,000 times in His original form and millions of times in His other forms, so far in the current cycle of creation and annhilation. In each of His appearances, millions saw Him. There is scientific evidence to prove that He existed 5000 years ago, as stated in the Vedic scriptures. Scientists have found the city where Lord Krishna lived in Dwarka, India, as described in the Vedic scriptures. NASA has taken satellite pictures of the bridge between India and Sri Lanka that Lord Krishna built in his Lord Ram incarnation, some 1.7 million years ago.
2. The second requirement is that the contender’s description is known
How can you believe in someone without actually seeing them or knowing what they look like?
• Lord Krishna has a form just like a human being. Even the Christian Bible states that man is made in the image of God. This means that God is a person with two hands, 2 legs and so on.
• His complexion is dark-blue, like that of a rain filled cloud.
• His eyes are like lotus petals.
• He is ever youthful.
• He is full of bliss and his beauty excels that of thousand of cupids.
• He likes to play the flute.
• He wears a peacock feather in his crown.
• He wears the Kaustubha jewel around his neck.
• He wears yellow garments.
Lord Krishna is complete in six kinds of opulence – wisdom, beauty, fame, power, wealth, and renunciation.
3. The third requirement is that the contender’s divinity is proven
To protect innocent people from imposters, Arjuna asked Lord Krishna to prove His divinity. Lord Krishna granted Arjuna divine vision and revealed His spectacular unlimited forms as the cosmic universe. Thus He conclusively established His divinity.
“Arjuna saw in that universal form unlimited mouths, unlimited eye, unlimited wonderful visions. The form was decorated with many celestial ornaments and bore many diving upraised weapons. He wore celestial garlands and garments, and many divine scents were smeared over his body. All was wondrous, brilliant, unlimited, all expanding. If hundreds of thousands of suns were to rise at once into the sky, their radiance might resemble the effulgence of the supreme person in that universal form.”(Bhagavad-Gita 11.10-12)
In each incarnation, Lord Krishna proved that He was God, all the details can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam. Here we will focus on His incarnation 5000 years ago. Lord Krishna performed miracles that no other being can perform.
• When Lord Krishna was 7 years old, He lifted a mountain (26 miles in perimeter) and held it up with
His one hand for 7 days. Witnessed by tens of thousands of people who were standing underneath the mountain.
• Lord Krishna expanded His body into 16,108 forms. Which means
He duplicated His body into 16,108 identical bodies.
• Lord Krishna in His Ram incarnation built a bridge between India and Sri Lanka by making stones float on the sea. NASA has satellite images of this bridge built by Lord Ram around 2 million years ago.
• Lord Krishna showed the whole Universe in His mouth several times.
• Many atheists tried to kill Lord Krishna, but Lord Krishna very easily defeated them all and also gave them on the spot liberation. Lord Krishna is most merciful;
He gives liberation even to those who try to kill Him. The Lord can give on the spot liberation; one does not need to wait for the Day of Judgment.
• Lord Krishna brought back to life many dead people including the six children of Devaki.
• Lord Krishna cured diseased people including transforming a hunchback woman into a most beautiful woman in return for offering sandalwood pulp to the Lord.
• Lord Krishna destroyed all the wicked Kings and evil people who were tormenting and harassing the public. People were saved in this very life.
• Lord Krishna put out a big forest fire, simply by swallowing it whole.
• Lord Krishna transformed Himself into exact copies of others.
• Lord Krishna granted Arjuna divine vision and reveled His spectacular unlimited form as the cosmic universe. In which Arjuna could see the various forms of Lord Krishna, and unlimited Planets while being seated in one place. He was also shown the past, present, and future.
• When a woman called Draupadi was disrobed in a court of kings, she called out to Lord Krishna for help and he supplied her with an unlimited sari and thus she could not be disrobed.
• Lord Krishna in his Maha Vishnu form, is so big that millions of Universes are coming out from
His body with every exhalation, and with every inhalation, millions of Universes enter
His body. When Maha Vishnu inhales or exhales just once, 311 trillion years pass on Earth.
• Lord Krishna can make Himself so small that he can enter the atom.
4. The fourth requirement is that the contender’s qualities are known
Lord Krishna has 64 qualities, which are all mentioned in the Vedic scriptures.
5. The fifth requirement is that the contender states how He is God
“It should be understood that all species of life, o son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed giving father” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 14.4)
“I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.17)
Supreme Creator: Lord Krishna is the origin of all.
“The whole cosmic order is under me. By my will it is manifested again and again, and by my will it is annihilated at the end” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.8)
“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)
“I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.8)
“Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.6)
Supreme Controller: Lord Krishna is the supreme controller.
“I give heat, and I withhold and send forth the rain” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.19) “With a single fragment of myself I pervade and support this entire universe” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.42)
“The splendor of the sun, which dissipates the darkness of the whole world, comes from me. And the splendor of the moon and the splendor of fire are also from me” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.12)
“I enter into each planet, and by energy they stay in orbit” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.13)
“This material nature, which is one of my energies is working under my direction”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.10)
Omnipresent: Lord Krishna is omnipresent, meaning he is present everywhere.
“I am the supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities, I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 10.20)
Omnipotent: Lord Krishna is omnipotent, meaning he is the greatest.
“There is no truth beyond Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.7)
Omniscient: Lord Krishna knows the past, present, and the future.
“O Arjuna, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.26)
“Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot!”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 4.5)
There is Only One God:
“Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way. I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize my true transcendental nature fall down”(Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.24)
6. The sixth requirement is that the contender’s history dating back to Billions of years is known
Full details on the pastimes of Lord Krishna in each of His incarnations can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam. The Vedic scriptures contain the history of Lord Krishna dating back to billions of years.
7. The seventh requirement is that the contender’s supremacy is mentioned in authorized scriptures
The Vedic scriptures are the only scriptures that have existed since the beginning of time, and thus eternal and the absolute truth. There is no higher authority than that of the Vedic scriptures.
Lord Brahma who is the first created living being states in Brahma Samhita:
“Krishna who is known as Govinda is the supreme godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and he is the prime cause of all causes.” (Brahma Samhita 5.1)
After Describing various incarnations of the Lord such as Rama, Balrama, Vamana, Nrsimha, and Vishnu, Sukadeva Goswami states:
“All of the above mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions of portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Krishna is the original Personality of Godhead” (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.3.28)
Lord Shiva in the Gita Mahatmya states:
“Only one God – Krishna, the son of Devaki (verse 7)
In the Padma Purana it is stated:
“By scrutinizingly reviewing all the revealed scriptures and judging them again and again, it is now concluded that Lord Narayana is the supreme absolute truth, and thus he alone should be worshiped”
In the Skanda Purana it states:
“In the material world, which is full of darkness and dangers, combined with birth and death and full of different anxieties, the only way to get out of the great entanglement is to accept loving transcendental devotional service to Lord Vasudeva.”
The position of Krishna as God is confirmed by great personalities like Narada, Asita, Devela, Parasara, Brahma, and Shiva.
8. The eigth requirement is that the contender’s address is known
The Srimad Bhagavatam gives the address of Lord Krishna as:
The top most Planet shaped like a Lotus called Goluka Vrandavan in the spiritual universe called Vaikuntha.
Everyone is looking for a proven God, well here is the proven God, Lord Krishna. Since you do not know anyone else with the details and proof just mentioned. Those who accept the truth will accept Him.