Discusses the practical reasons why the Vedic civilization has dimished with practical solutions for reviving it.
The Fate of Modern Man
We are 5000 years into Kali Yuga, we still have another 427,000 years to go before Lord Krishna appears on a white horse as Lord Kalki to end this age.
The following statements are from the Srimad Bhagavatam canto 12, which was written more than 5000 years ago. These are the predictions for the current age of Kali Yuga. Having read the predictions you will see that the Vedic scriptures are infallible. Every prediction is becoming a reality. The recent Tsumani, and Katrina natural disasters, and global terrorism is just the beginning of a long period of pain and suffering for the sinful man. As predicted, mankind is engaged in sinful activities like meat eating, intoxications, illicit sex, gambling, and irreligiosity. The result is that man will suffer more and more. Only those who are fortunate enough to realize this will stop engaging in sinful activities and thus be saved. For them the cycle of birth, old age, disease and death will end after this life. The others will take countless births to face the wrath of nature and evil man.
The Symptoms of Kali Yuga
Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day.
The Qualities of Men and Women in Kali Yuga
In the Kali age people tend to be greedy, ill behaved and merciless, and they fight one another without good reason. Unfortunate and obsessed with material desires, the people of Kali-yuga are almost all barbarians.
- The women will freely wander from one man to the next.
- Women will become much smaller in size, and they will eat too much, have more children than they can properly take care of, and lose all shyness. They will always speak harshly and will exhibit qualities of thievery, deceit and unrestrained audacity.
- Men and women will live together merely because of superficial attraction, and success in business will depend on deceit. Womanliness and manliness will be judged according to one’s expertise in sex.
- Servants will abandon a master who has lost his wealth, even if that master is a saintly person of exemplary character. Masters will abandon an incapacitated servant, even if that servant has been in the family for generations.
- Family ties will extend no further than the immediate bonds of marriage.
- In Kali-yuga men will be wretched and controlled by women. They will reject their fathers, brothers, other relatives and friends and will instead associate with the sisters and brothers of their wives. Thus their conception of friendship will be based exclusively on sexual ties.
- In Kali-yuga men will develop hatred for each other even over a few coins. Giving up all friendly relations, they will be ready to lose their own lives and kill even their own relatives.
- Men will no longer protect their elderly parents or their children. Thoroughly degraded, they will care only to satisfy their own bellies and genitals.
- The occupations of men will be stealing, lying and violence.
- People will be tormented by quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease and severe anxiety.
- The maximum duration of life for human beings in Kali-yuga will become fifty years.
- The humans will gradually come to appear like ghostly, haunted creatures.
The Future Food of Humans
Harassed by famine and excessive taxes, people will resort to eating leaves, roots, flesh, wild honey, fruits, flowers and seeds.
The Environment in Kali Yuga
The citizens will suffer greatly from cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. By the time the age of Kali ends, the bodies of all creatures will be greatly reduced in size. Most plants and herbs will be tiny, and all trees will appear like dwarf trees. Clouds will be full of lightning. Struck by drought, they will become completely ruined.