Ariel View of Our Universe
- The inner core of the universe is called the Bhu-Mandala. This is 2 billion miles in radius from the center of the universe.
- The Bhu-Mandala is covered with layers. The first layer is particles of earth. This is 40 billion miles from the end of the core to the next layer.
- The second layer is water particles or water vapors. This is 400 billion miles from the end of the first layer to the end of the second layer.
- The third layer is heat or fire and this is 4000 billion miles from the end of the second layer to the end of the third layer.
- The fourth layer is air and this is 40,000 billion miles.
- The fifth layer is ether or sky and this is 400,000 billion miles.
Total distance from the center of the universe to the end of the universe:
= 2 billion + 40 billion + 400 billion + 4000 billion + 40,000 billion + 400,000 billion
= 444442 x 10^9 miles
1 Light year is 5876025120000 miles
The time it would take light to travel from the center of the universe to the end of the universe:
= 75.64 light years
Diameter of the universe is 444442×10^9×2= 888884 x 10^9 miles
The time it would take light to travel from one end of the universe to the other = 75.64X2= 151.28 light years
The above is just a general calculation based on one understanding and interpretation of the Vedic scriptural information on the universe. There are other interpretations, which may give completely different results. The important point is that only the Vedic scriptures give information on the universe. This is because, the information comes directly from the person who created it, Lord Krishna (God). In all other religions, there is ZERO information on anything beyond this tiny earth planet and they don’t go back beyond a few thousand years. For them, everything is based on one planet, one book, one Guru, and few thousand years of existence. This is because, it’s based on man’s limited knowledge and not God’s unlimited knowledge.
Vedic Scriptural References
“The layers or elements covering the universes are each ten times thicker than the one before, and all the universes clustered together appear like atoms in a huge combination.” (Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.11.41)
“I have described the nine basic elements as the enjoying soul, nature, nature’s primeval manifestation of the mahat-tattva, false ego, ether, air, fire, water and earth.” (Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.22.14)
“Krsna said, ‘Your particular universe extends four billion miles; therefore, it is the smallest of all the universes. Some of the universes are one billion yojanas [8 billion miles], some one trillion [8 trillion miles], some ten trillion [80 trillion miles] and some one hundred trillion yojanas [800 trillion miles]. Thus, they are almost unlimited in area.’” (Lord Krishna to Brahma, Caitanya-caritamrta Madhya-Lila 21.84-85)
#ouruniverse #multi-verse #manyuniverses #notalone #lightyears